Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ignorant People

There has been a lot of buzz about the show "How's Your News?" produced by MTV. I get the feeling that lots of people are against the show because they think MTV is exploiting the people on the show because they have special needs. Personally, I think that the people who think this are ignorant. It is like someone saying that you can't have a TV show because I said so. No one has the right to tell someone that they can't do what they want in life because of something that makes them different than anyone else. I have such a hard time with people who think they are all about helping children with special needs who act like the kids they are working with are something other than human. I'm here to say THEY ARE HUMAN DON"T TREAT THEM LIKE THEY ARE NOT. The other night when I was watching the show I found it so funny that one of the girls told a band that they sucked. I wanted to give her a high five because I knew that if I were to be on that show I would lie and tell the band they sounded amazing. I have a really hard time with people who don't think the same way I do about this and think they need to see it from my perspective because they are making people with special needs to not be people at all when they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment