Friday, February 13, 2009

My Heart goes out to Flight 3407

Yesterday Feb. 12 I drove back home to Buffalo. This morning upon waking up I got a couple of phone calls from friends back at state asking me if I am ok or if the rest of my family is ok. I asked why and turn on the news to find out a plane has crashed into a house 20 minutes from my house.

Later on today I went into town with my mom and we were talking about what had happened and what she heard. She was telling me that there were camera crews in the airport when they told people that no one survived the crash.

I want to know what the camera crew was thinking. This to me is in no way acceptable to film people when they are hearing terrible news. I want to know how the camera crew would like to have a camera in their face when they hear terrible news.

Which then got me thinking about class and it seems like people will do anything just to make a buck these days. Sure it isn't as up front as say taking your clothes off or something of that nature but I think this is even worse. But going along the lines of anyone trying to make money that it seems like the publishers will print anything that will sell. Even though it may not be good, it could potentially hurt someone else or something else along those lines.

If you want more information on what happened here is a link to The Buffalo News.
http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/577959.html

2 comments:

  1. My heart went out to all of the people in the crash and their families/friends, as well. I have friends in the Fairport area and it just is absolutely heartbreaking what happened.

    As far as doing what they will to make a buck, this reminds me of the news coverage and films that have come from 9/11. I know that this was a far more significant event, but having cameras up in people's faces asking them questions about whether or not they knew anyone who died is just ridiculous and horrible. I completely agree with you about what they're doing is wrong. What is our world coming to now? This will be all over the news for the next few weeks--those poor people's faces in horror will be flashing across our nations broadcasts. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it is crossing a line to film people receiving new that impacts their lives in that way. There is a point where news is no longer being reported, but a bitter play at human emotion to sell more media and publicizing intimate moments of heartbreak for families. I know I hate having a camera in my face when I am happy, I would be disgusted to be filmed in grief.

    ReplyDelete